Hi guys.
Well Melbourne being the sports capital of Australia has been going mad with the World Cup Soccer. This morning they drew with Croatia which means they are through to the second round. Because the Cup is being played in Germany the game times are either at 1am or 6am...There are lots of tired people walking around town at the moment!
I have been battling along at work. I can't say that I'm enjoying it. It just seems so pointless, I think I need a job that actually has a positive result. All I'm trying to do is get companies to pay us to sponsor our conference... It's just money spreading- that does no good. Except maybe to the bank balance. Anyway, I'm keeping my eyes open for any opportunities for other jobs.
Some bad news came yesterday. I sent off my tax return for Canada in April. It came back, but instead of having a cheque, they want another 600 bucks off me! The whole process was so confusing, and now I have to go through it all again...call them up and figure out what the problem is. Again, time zones make this a pain in the arse.
I think it has something to do with 'world income', ie. income earned in australia after I left canada, not sure how they have that info because I'm buggered if I even know! I guess I'll have to work it all out this weekend. I have ten days before they start fining me! Perfect.
Any Canadian Tax experts out there? Anyone have any advice?
I realise it has been a while between additions on this site. Hopefully there are still people out there checking? Life has been rather hectic with my job stress and min having surgery and interviews..but that is set to change as of today.
I hope you are all keeping well?
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment