Friday, August 04, 2006

UNEMPLOYED

Yes, that's right. I resigned.
At last- well, it was only three months but it felt a lot longer! I feel so much better for making the decision and leaving.
The funny thing was that on the day I went in to tell my boss, I was promoted to Senior Sales. Then about an hour later an unexpected double deal came through by email for me! All good signs I reckon, that I'd made the right decision to leave!

I have decided not to feel so pressured to find a career job. So I will be looking for some labouring work- something to get me out and about. I certainly need my fitness back! There is an interview with a removalist company on Tuesday, but I am also on the lookout for gardening/landscaping work.

I went with the Egans to a Show last night. It was a comedy/horror... i guess... but it was really great. Only two actors, but a really good storyline and some good frights thrown in for good measure.

My tennis raquet has been restrung, so I will be keen to chase after some yellow bouncy balls once the weather warms up a bit. Meanwhile, there are some squash courts down the road- and I've always fancied giving squash a go.

How is everyone?
Does anyone have any idea where Chris Wakim is?

Have a great weekend people.
Joff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think chris, tom and cam should be meeting up in central america right now?

In other words, they're all completely AWOL

Anonymous said...

Joff you should just come on back to Fernie. No one has heard of career jobs here :)