Hi Guys,
Just a quick one...
Min and I had Thursday afternoon and Friday off work so we jumped into the car and drove to Daylesford. It is about an hour and a half to two hours away and is a popular weekend escape destination for Melbournians. We stayed in an old Victorian B+B, walked around the lake, checked out all the arty and deco markets and shops. There is also a converted convent which now exists as a fancy art gallery with cafe, bar and beautiful gardens. It was pretty cool to climb the rickety old narrow staircase up to the third floor where the infirmary used to be- it had an amazing outlook over the area through small square windows over creaking wooden floors.
I was out on the gondola last night. Just three trips, but I had a break in the middle because there was a late cancellation. Had my first contact with the bottom of the river which was a little unexpected! It was the first time I'd been out on a low tide. I think the max depth is about 12 feet in the middle, but much shallower along the sides.
Min is at work today. Her first weekend cover shift. She started at 8am and finishes at 930 tonight! Hope she copes ok. I'm making chicken stock from Deli chickens.
Ok,
I'll add photos soon.
Joff
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
impressed with stock making efforts :) Christy
Post a Comment