Hi Guys,
I got off school early today because of a staff meeting so I thought I'd update the blog.
There is not all that much to report. Min was working nights last week and I was at school during the day so we were leading fairly solitary lives. I am reading a book about Captain Cook which kept me up at night last week, leaving me pretty tired at school. I'm nearly finished now though and have enjoyed re-learning about his naval exploits.
A friend of ours, currently living in Perth, came back for a week on Saturday morning. So Min met Megan and friends for dinner at The Shanghai Dumpling House before going next door to Sector 8 which is a funky 'container bar' in an old parking lot. I worked on the Gondola for 4 trips, one of which involved a guy asking his girlfriend to marry him- my first proposal! It was quite cool to be a part of, I feel very privileged. Coincidently, there were fireworks over the river for the Jazz Festival, so they were treated to front row seats. There was also a lovely couple celebrating their 23rd anniversary who were in love with Europe and particularly Paris, so we had a great time talking about travel. Oh, and I got a raise from my boss, so things are all good on the gondola front. Then I went and met the others at Sector 8.
Sunday was Mother's Day. We had breakfast near my deli with the Egans. It was really nice and Nan came out for the occasion. Then I had work at the deli.
What else is going on?... In case you didn't already know, Team New Zealand are doing well in the Louis Vuitton Cup (America's Cup Challenger's Series) in Valencia. We won our first Semi-final race in the best of 5 series against a Spanish team. It is good to see Luna Rossa won theirs over Oracle BMW too.
Ok, I'm going to check websites for cars now...Yes, at last, Joff is going to have his own vehicle...well, hopefully. So I have a lot of research to do.
Take care all,
love joff
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The yellow ringed hunkfish was carefully crafted to be one of a kind by his loving Mummy and Daddy Hunkfish
Post a Comment