Friday, March 14, 2008

HOT HOT HOT

I've said it before and I'll say it again- wow is it hot in Melbourne right now. They predicted 41 today, but it only got to 38..... I'm sure these sorts of temperatures should be reserved for Dubai and Dar Es Salaam!

I'm looking forward to 5 days of walking on the Eastern Coast of Victoria. The forecast is for a warm week with highs of around 30, so we'll need to carry lots of water!
On Friday Min will drive out to Lake's Entrance and meet me so we can drive together up to Snowy River National Park for a couple of nights before coming home on Easter Sunday.
So after having a long weekend at Wilson's Prom NP last weekend...I've had my fix of the outdoors for the month!

The Prom was so much fun! Beth and Drew came in their touring van. Ruth and Charlie in his truck, then Tony and Amy, Tom and Claire, Matty, Tom, Dianna. .. yeah, I think that's everyone. There was a lot of relaxing in camp chairs in the shade. Drinking of cold beer. Paper reading and trivia answering.. The odd surf even. Charlie had his malibu and short board. And Beth and Drew each had boards, so I had a go on Beth's 7ft2 mini mal. It was so much fun, and the water was surprisingly warm- and so so clear. Mum, you would have loved it!

We only got attacked by wombats twice. The first one managed to help Beth and drew consume their cereal. The second was warded off before any damage was done. You really need to make sure all food is locked away come sun down. They've been known to enter cabins and eat holes in tents just to get to food! They are very funny little fellows though. They have a similar runnign gait to Josh actually.

How is life in Auckland and beyond?

lots of love
joff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joff

We met a boat at the weekend and it's name is Whombat
Waste Hole of Money, Beer and Time

What do you think of that!

Mum