Saturday, June 09, 2007

Jen in town

Hi guys,

It is the Queen's Birthday weekend here and the weather is beautiful!
Jen who became friends with Min on her last trip to Thailand is staying with us for a couple of days. We went to a cafe on the lake this morning which was excellent. Then went for an amble along the waterfront to St Kilda and back. I took my shoes and socks off and walked along the water's edge. It was cool to be amongst 'the dog walkers' as opposed to all 'the adidas jogger' along the running trail! It is a bit chilly with a light Southerly, but the sun is very warm. Here's a couple of pictures off Jen's camera.




Hope you guys are all well?
Min is working Sat and Monday which is pretty dumb, but people still get sick on public holidays and someone has to be at the hospital for them!

OH, and good news for me! I got a phone call from a company that I approached for labouring work before my course started. I'd been calling and leaving messages with the busy manager for the last few months and he got back to me to say that I've got a trial over our 2 week holiday in July and then if all goes well, a job when my course finishes in August!
They are a medium sized company that does quality residential and light commercial building in our area. They have eight apprentices on the books at the moment so that should mean they know all about training and what needs to be done. Fingers crossed I get on with them!

No comments: