Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday morning


Hi friends,

We got back from Sydney at about 8pm last night. The Paris Opera Ballet was, to sum it up in one word, spectacular. Now, not being one who likes to openly admit to watching people prance in tight fitting costumes, this was different.
The POB is the oldest and largest Ballet Company on the planet. It dates back to 1661- A LONG TIME AGO. Needless to say, they have had a lot of experience and their performance on Saturday (finale) made me feel very privileged.
The show was called Jewels. It had three sections, each with a different colour to symbolise the three great homes (apparently) of Ballet, Paris (Emerald), New York (Ruby) and St. Petersburg (Diamond). It was cool.

On Sunday we caught the Ferry to Manly. It was a mostly sunny day with a cool Westerly- perfect for being a tourist! I was stoaked to be able to catch up with a School and Uni friend Richard who adopted the tour guide role graciously. We walked around to Shelley Beach and up onto the lookout walk. There were great views of a watery horizon and the 'Northern Beaches'- don't get me to name them, there are about 9 or more.. One was Manly, the next was Freshwater...there was a Longreef.. and some funny Australian sounding ones. I can see why Richard is so comfortable there. It is such a different feel to the hustle and bustle of 'Sydney', yet only a half hour ferry ride to the CBD. I suppose it would be equivalent to Devonport if it was located at Waiheke.

I have two weeks off for school holidays now. I am hoping to hear from a builder about doing a work trial with a view to start an apprenticeship with him in August. Other than that, it's the usual grocery shopping, online shopping for a tow ball, cleaning...Maybe a walk to the beach or around the lake. Life's tough- I know.

I really hope you are all well. Life is good right now.

lots of love,
Joff and Min
Posted by Picasa

No comments: