Thursday, November 03, 2005

Makybe Diva

Well for those of you not in Melbourne, Tuesday was Melbourne Cup Day! It was a great race (a race that stops the nation!) and for the third consecutive year Makybe Diva won. No horse has done it before so it was a pretty big deal over here.

Unfortunately Tuesday, being a public holiday, was a day for study...although we did sneak in a champagne towards the end of the day.

Life has been going well up here in Mildura. It has been very hot, well into the 30s and our bodies are yet to acclimatise so the fans and A/C have been going nonstop. Today has been a bit cooler and tonight Joff and I are off to Spanish lessons which will be good.

Yesterday I made contact through one of the doctors I know with a girl who is currently in Guatemala volunteering in the wake of Hurricane Stan and trying to clear the rubble from the mudslides. Her email was amazing and I hope that when I am over there I will get the opportunity to make a difference in the communities that I am working in as she is currently doing.

Hope everyone is well,

Hasta luego xxx

No comments: