Friday, July 07, 2006

Min goes to Perth

Hi guys,

I got up a bit earlier this morning with Min because she is off to Perth for a Developing World Medical Conference. So, now that she has gone to the airport with Garry, I thought I'd put up a blog.
Ultimate was really good on Wednesday. I'm learning the rules (slowly!) and getting to know the names of people- which is kinda handy when you need to warn someone that there is an errant disc flying at their heads! It was a bit windy though, and that made it all a little more difficult. Luckily it is a social league so there are lots of supportive people who know what they are doing and are happy to help you understand what is supposed to happen.

Last night Judy cooked a delicious lamb roast. It will be Min's last home dinner for a while, as we move into the new house on Sunday. When I say we I mean I will! As Min gets back just before midnight.

I have moved out of the sponsorship division at work. It was too frustrating, and there was a lot of pressure to get it right first time over the phone, otherwise the valuable contact would dismiss the call. The first sponsorship deals came this week though, and the office looks like setting a record, so the Director is happy; he's declared casual day today. I will still be scanning for other jobs in the papers and online, as the job isn't quite sitting well with me.

It sounds like there has been lots of cold weather in NZ recently? I guess the skiing is off to a good start, maybe I will look at the snow reports.

Glad that Suze is safe and well in Tanzania. Thanks for your email! She has a brilliant view of Mt. Kilimanjaro from her window- I could think of much worse.

I should go and make my lunch now. Looking forward to the weekend.
Hope you are all well?
And get better soon Bo!

love joff

No comments: